Volodymyr Zelenskyy Says Geneva Talks Fell Short of Expectations

Volodymyr Zelenskyy Says Geneva Talks Fell Short of Expectations

Kyiv [Ukraine] : Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy declared Wednesday that the results of the trilateral negotiations with Russia and the United States in Geneva were “inadequate.”

Volodymyr Zelenskyy claimed in a video message on X

Zelenskyy claimed in a video message on X that delicate political issues, such as potential agreements to halt the war, were not “sufficiently worked through.”

Later this month, he said, the next meeting will be held.

“As of today, we cannot conclude that the results of the Geneva meetings are sufficient. The military representatives engaged in serious and substantive discussions about specific subjects. However, sensitive political concerns, potential compromises, and the essential gathering of leaders have not yet been adequately addressed. “We are looking forward to the next meeting, which should take place in February,” the Ukrainian President stated.

Also reads :  Jack Chambers Highlights Huge Growth Prospects Under India-EU Trade Deal

The Geneva negotiations are part of ongoing international attempts, sponsored by the United States, to find a peaceful settlement to the conflict between Ukraine and Russia that began in February 2022. According to Al Jazeera, the Geneva talks come after the US facilitated two rounds of negotiations in the United Arab Emirates in January and early February.

Ukraine’s National Security and Defence Council (NSDC) Secretary Service head Diana Davityan told the Russian news agency TASS that Rustem Umerov, the head of the ruling party faction David Arakhamia, and Ukraine’s NSDC Secretary Rustem Umerov met behind closed doors in Geneva with Russian Presidential aide Vladimir Medinsky and the head of the Russian delegation.

Volodymyr Zelenskyy Says Geneva Talks Fell Short of Expectations

Earlier on Tuesday , Zelenskyy said that Russia launched a huge strike with 29 missiles and approximately 400 drones before the Geneva trilateral talks started.

Zelenskyy stated that nine individuals, including children, were injured in the attack.

Zelenskyy lambasted Moscow in a video statement uploaded on X, saying that the strike reveals its “true intent.” According to the Ukrainian president, Kiev shot down 25 of Russia’s 29 missiles.

He stated, “The Russians began the day with a huge strike, firing 29 missiles of various sorts, 25 of which were shot down. This is a significant result for our air defence, and we reiterate that air defence is a daily need. I appreciate all of our partners who realise this. Russia responds with a strike on the precise day when new forms begin in Geneva–trilateral and bilateral with the United States. This plainly demonstrates what Russia wants and is actually set on. In addition, around 400 drones were launched.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *