Iranian Ambassador Dr. Mohammad Fathali Says Any Deal Must Guarantee Complete Sanctions Relief and Real Benefits

Iranian Ambassador Dr. Mohammad Fathali Says Any Deal Must Guarantee Complete Sanctions Relief and Real Benefits

New Delhi : Dr. Mohammad Fathali, Iran’s Ambassador to India, stated on Friday that any successful outcome of talks with the US must result in the complete and effective removal of what he called “illegal sanctions” and tangible economic benefits for the Iranian people.

Iranian Ambassador Dr. Mohammad Fathali stated

In an interview with ANI, Fathali stated that Iran seeks a balanced and lasting accord with solid guarantees.A successful outcome, according to the Islamic Republic of Iran, is an agreement that results in the complete and effective elimination of illegitimate sanctions and provides substantial economic benefits to the Iranian people,” he said.

He emphasized the importance of recognizing Iran’s nuclear rights as part of any future understanding, rather than just a symbolic involvement.Such an agreement must be long-term, balanced, and provide credible guarantees that the other party will follow through on its obligations. Iran’s nuclear rights must be respected, and the agreement should not be merely symbolic or ephemeral. “Iran seeks a long-term and reliable agreement,” the diplomat declared.

On Thursday, US President Donald Trump emphasized the importance of a deal with Iran, warning that failing to strike an agreement would be “traumatic.”

Iranian Ambassador Dr. Mohammad Fathali Says Any Deal Must Guarantee Complete Sanctions Relief and Real Benefits

Trump told reporters

Trump told reporters that his recent conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was “very good.”

He stated, “We must make a deal; else, it will be very traumatic (for Iran), which I do not want to happen…If they do not reach an agreement, it will be a different situation. We had a very productive meeting yesterday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu offered his opinions after meeting with US President Donald Trump. Netanyahu stated that Trump solicited his view on the current negotiations with Iran, and that he conveyed “general scepticism” about the nature of any agreement with the country.

Also reads : Donald Trump to Meet Xi Jinping in April, Says US-China Relations Are ‘Very Good’

The Israeli leader emphasized that the accord must handle not only Iran’s nuclear program, but also its ballistic missile program and backing for regional proxy groups.

Netanyahu stated that, while the discussions covered a variety of topics, the primary focus was on negotiations with Iran. He stated that Trump believes Iran made a mistake in failing to strike an agreement beforehand.

Earlier in the day, in a Truth Social post, Trump stated that, while no definite agreement had been reached, he supported further conversations with Iran to explore a possible compromise. He also mentioned previous US measures against Iran, the “Midnight Hammer,” which he claimed “did not work well for them.”

The United States launched strikes against Iranian nuclear infrastructure on June 21-22, 2025, under the name “Operation Midnight Hammer,” hitting three key sites in Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan. Iran vehemently condemned the actions, describing them as clear violations of international law and the UN Charter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *